Last Sunday evening, my Goan friends decided to breakaway from the monotonous dinner routine and dine elsewhere. Everyone suggested different restaurants, and finally settled on Fingers Cross that’s situated near Infinity Mall, Andheri (West). Within 10 minutes, we were at the restaurant. None of us had been here before, but heard about the place because of cheap booze and the sizzlers. We were welcomed pleasantly, and we chose the couch instead of the chairs. The place is easily identifiable.
- Ambiance – Dimly lit, love the texture of the wall and the rack that stocked bottles of wine, whiskey, gin, rum, etc. just behind the main door.
- Music – Contemporary dance music, but it kinda put me off after it slipped into Baby by Justin Beiber. Can’t really blame them, the college crowd was enjoying it. Rest was foot-tapping.
- Drinks – We ordered for Long Island Iced Tea, Mojito, Margarita and a Chocolate Milk Shake. I had the LIIT that was shaken to perfection and garnished with lemon.
- Food – We were hungry. And the description on the menu, below the Non-veg Platter stated that it was meant for four hungry souls. We related to it and placed our order. The platter arrived in 10 minutes and disappeared within the next 5. Right from chicken to lamb, prawns and squids, we loved it all. My personal favourite was lamb and squids. It tasted delicious and the lamb was tender. After this we placed an order for Chicken Barbecue Sizzlers and Seafood Sizzlers. No complaints, really. But I rate the platter higher than the sizzlers.
- Service – Wasn’t up to the mark. We couldn’t see anyone who could take our order. Otherwise, once the order was placed, everything reached our table on time.
Dinner for 4 along with drink comes up approximately to Rs. 2000/-
Fingers Cross Address: 9, Raheja Classique, Lokhandwala, Off New Link Road, Andheri Lokhandwala, Mumbai